It’s been a busy and fun month recording in the studio with Ian Gomes at Union Sound Co. We spent most of March recording banjo, mandolin, vocals, guitar, vibraphone and a few other things. In general, we were growing the ingredients that chef Ian is now going to mix up and cook.
It was a fun and gruelling process to get everything recorded. We’ve still got a few more things left to track, but it’s almost all there. We booked a lot of time in order to get all of the sounds just right, but I find that even when you think that you’ve allotted enough time for something, especially in creative situations, you can never predict with one-hundred-percent accuracy how long it will actually take.
In the last few months I think that Beams has played only a handful of shows, which is quite out of the ordinary for us! We were very busy writing and we are excited to get back out on stage again. We’ve got a number of shows coming up, some local, some distant, and we want to see your faces in the crowd! Our second album is expected to have twelve or thirteen songs on it and there are a few that we’ve never played live before and will definitely be testing out at these gigs. Don’t worry though, we’ll be sprinkling in the old favourites as well. We still like ’em too.
- Mon, Apr 4 @ The Silver Dollar (Toronto) w/Moving Panoramas
- Thurs, Apr 7 @ This Ain’t Hollywood (Hamilton)
- Fri, Apr 15 @ Mohawk Place (Buffalo)
- Fri, Apr 22 @ The Brownstone (Orillia)
- Sat, Apr 23 @ The Comet (Cincinnati)
- Fri, May 13 @ Kafe Kerouac (Columbus) w/ Astro Gypsy
- Sat, July 9 @ Love Fest (Chardon, OH)Here are some more pics for ya: